We've Got You Covered
Sun Protection Tip brought to you by Banana Boat
Tips & Tricks - General Protection
- Choose a sunscreen with advanced protection which provides you with powerful protection from both skin-aging UVA and skin-burning UVB rays. Banana Boat® products with AvoTriplex™ Technology are highly photostable, meaning the ingredients won't break down under the sun.
- Apply sunscreen at least 20 to 30 minutes before going outdoors. If you can do it an hour ahead of time, that's even better..
- Know that the sun's rays are strongest between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM. Protect yourself appropriately. Also know that you should use sunscreen no matter what time you go out to enjoy a bright day..
- Don't forget those often-missed spots like your lips and ears, where skin is much thinner than the rest of your face.
- Don't forget to wear protection on cloudy days as well as sunny. UVB rays may be partially blocked by the grayness, but UVA rays are not.
Tips & Tricks - Family Protection
- Did you know that an estimated 80% of a person's sun damage occurs before the age of 18? That means that by protecting your child's skin when they are out having fun in the sun, you establish good habits and effect on their health for the rest of their lives.
- Apply sunscreen on your kids at least 20 to 30 minutes before they race outdoors, whether it's a cloudy or a sunny day. Banana Boat® UltraMist™ Kids Spray SPF 50 is a fast and convenient way to get them covered before they slip away.
- Make sure to reapply sunscreen frequently, at least every two hours, and more often if children are dipping in and out of the pool.
- Remember that children imitate their parents. If they see you putting on sunscreen, they are more likely to cooperate when it's their turn.
- Make sunscreen application a part of the daily routine. That way you're likely to encounter fewer struggles, and you'll be teaching your kids a life-long healthy habit.
- Teach your children that the sun is to be celebrated and respected all year round! By taking a few simple precautions, they can enjoy a lifetime of magnificent rays.